Complications due to foreign body ingestion are rare; however, if present, these can cause significant morbidity to the patient. An overlooked ingested foreign body could present as an emergency and may prove fatal. We present a case of an accidentally ingested foreign body with delayed presentation, which migrated to the neck and produced a cervical abscess presenting as septic shock. The patient required prompt stabilisation followed by surgical intervention. The patient's vital signs returned to normal on the second post-operative day, and he was discharged the following day.
|Number of pages||5|
|Journal||Sultan Qaboos University Medical Journal|
|Publication status||Published - Nov 2013|
- Case report
- Foreign-body migration
- Septic shock
ASJC Scopus subject areas