Detailed computer simulations of the scatter plate interferometer with random scatterers in the scatter plate are performed, for the first time to our knowledge, by use of the scalar diffraction theory in the paraxial domain. It is shown that the computer simulations produce output image patterns of the expected qualitative characteristics. A qualitative comparison of the computed pattern with the experimentally observed pattern is presented. The effects of translation of the scatter plate and distortion and tilting of the test object are also successfully simulated by the computer.
- Computer simulation
- Scalar diffraction theory
- Scatter plate interferometer
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Engineering (miscellaneous)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering