We have applied the iterative Fresnel integrals method for the computation and simulation of the Fresnel diffraction images created by double apertures in one and two dimensions. Necessary formalism has been derived and the relevant computation algorithms have been developed for this application. The computer simulated images show an interesting combination of Fresnel diffraction images with mutual interference effects between the light diffracted from the two apertures. Transition to the expected Fraunhofer diffraction pattern for double apertures or slits is also observed by the simulations.
- Double rectangular apertures
- Fresnel diffraction
- Iterative Fresnel integrals method
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics