Studies on wastewater treatment using solar photocatalysis in Oman

S. Feroz, Anna Jesil, Mahad Baawain, J. P. Sarkar

نتاج البحث

5 اقتباسات (Scopus)

ملخص

The demand for water in Sultanate of Oman is rapidly growing due to fast urbanization as well population growth. Oman depends on ground water and its limited rainfall for around 65% of its water supplies with desalinated water making up the remaining 35%. Oman is considered to be water stress country with an average annual rainfall of 100 mm and it is also predicted that water demand exceeds renewable sources by 25% due to decline in water levels and saline intrusion in coastal aquifers. In addition to the natural water resources available much emphasis is also given for desalination, municipal and oil produced treated water for the country's requirement. Many techniques are used for treatment of pollutants in wastewater; solar photocatalysis is one such technique that is gaining popularity in the recent past. Oman is blessed with highest solar intensity in the world and hence the focus is on harnessing solar energy for various purposes including in wastewater treatment. This paper discusses the research output on the performance of solar photocatalysis wastewater treatment in Oman.

اللغة الأصليةEnglish
عنوان منشور المضيفEnergy Engineering and Environment Engineering
ناشرTrans Tech Publications
الصفحات106-109
عدد الصفحات4
رقم المعيار الدولي للكتب (المطبوع)9783038350378
المعرِّفات الرقمية للأشياء
حالة النشرPublished - 2014
الحدث2014 2nd International Conference on Energy Engineering and Environment Engineering, ICEEEE 2014 - Hong Kong
المدة: يناير ١٠ ٢٠١٤يناير ١١ ٢٠١٤

سلسلة المنشورات

الاسمApplied Mechanics and Materials
مستوى الصوت535
رقم المعيار الدولي للدوريات (المطبوع)1660-9336
رقم المعيار الدولي للدوريات (الإلكتروني)1662-7482

Other

Other2014 2nd International Conference on Energy Engineering and Environment Engineering, ICEEEE 2014
الدولة/الإقليمChina
المدينةHong Kong
المدة١/١٠/١٤١/١١/١٤

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • ???subjectarea.asjc.2200???

بصمة

أدرس بدقة موضوعات البحث “Studies on wastewater treatment using solar photocatalysis in Oman'. فهما يشكلان معًا بصمة فريدة.

قم بذكر هذا